top of page
  • Is there a cancellation fee?
    Yes. All cancellations will incur a $100 cancellation fee.
  • What do I do if I can no longer travel on a trip I have paid for or placed a deposit on?
    Reservations are non-refundable. If “cancel for any reason” or other travel protection/insurance was purchased, please contact your insurance provider to submit claims. In the event that a trip cancellation is deemed necessary, it will only be accepted in writing and will be subject to all associated supplier and partner cancellation fees and policies. All cancellations should be sent to with the invoice number, full name, and date of travel. If an acknowledgement is not received within 48 business hours, please call 919.378.1484 to ensure the information was received.
  • If I can no longer travel, can I find a replacement or transfer my trip to someone else?
    That may be possible, unless stated by ours or the supplier’s policy. Changes to an existing reservation, whatever the cause, will incur a $50 per person charge, plus any additional applicable fees. This includes name changes and removal of any services such as tours and transfers. Please note that name changes to airline reservations are subject to full cancellation and rebooking. Replacing a traveler with another traveler constitutes a cancellation and may be subject to cancellation penalties and fees. All changes or additions are subject to current rates at the time of amendment, increased rates must be paid to keep the reservation and may be required to be paid directly by the traveler to the service provider. No refunds will be issued for defaulted or unused services.
  • What are some guidelines for tipping?
    Private cars and motorcoach drivers typically receive $5-$10 per person, per day and tour guides typically receive $10-$20 per person, per day.
  • How do I know if the destination I am traveling to is safe?
    We advise you to do your own research before booking travel. One resource we recommend are the travel advisories found on the US Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs website found here.
  • What vaccines and inoculations are required for my destination?
    You can find your destination's requirements here.
  • Can you recommend resources to help me stay informed about safety conditions in my destination country?
    The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. The benefits include: Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans. Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency. Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
  • What is the difference between oceanview and oceanfront?
    Oceanview means that you will be able to see the ocean from your room, but this does not mean your room will be directly facing the ocean, as with an oceanfront room. Oceanfront rooms are typically on the bottom floor.
  • Can I select my room type when traveling with a group?
    We will make every effort to give you the room type you prefer, however, that request or upgrade may be subject to a price increase according to supplier pricing and policy, and inventory availability.
  • Is travel insurance a waste of money?
    Certainly not! While travel insurance is not required with the purchase of a trip or service, your vacation is an investment that should be protected. We recommend purchasing “cancel for any reason” insurance.
  • What insurance companies do you recommend?
    We recommend the following providers, but suggest that you do your research to find the best company and policy to fit your needs. Arch Roam Right (General Travel Insurance) Safety Wing (Traveling Nomads)
  • How far in advance does my passport need to be valid to travel?
    Travelers are responsible for confirming current passport policy for the destination they are traveling to. Passports are typically required to be valid for at least (6) months after the date of travel. Some countries also require a full blank “VISA” page in the passport for stamping purposes.
  • Does my destination require a visa?
    You may learn about your destination's requirements here.
  • What forms of payment do you accept?
    Major credit cards or debit cards are accepted. Credit card charges will only be accepted online. Travelers will assume any credit card processing fees.
  • Can I pay my vacation off in advance?
    Of course! All reservations can be paid in full at the time of booking as long as the tour still has available space. All payments made within 45 days of departure must be paid in full by credit or debit card only.
  • What type of currency do you accept for payment?
    We only accept payment in United States dollars.
  • Do you give refunds?
    All payments to Yolo Travel Collective are non-refundable, but may be transferable when specified.
  • Why are all payments non-refundable?
    Yolo Travel Collective has contractual agreements with suppliers and vendors that may not allow for refunds. This also allows us to keep our package prices affordable and competitive. We recommend purchasing travel insurance to help protect your investment.
bottom of page